Start with Setup
In today's challenging Windows 10 environment, there are some steps one can take to minimize or remedy difficulties in operating BioExplorer.
Below are some steps to take when installing BioExplorer to reduce problems.
- Remove OneDrive from your computer. How? Why? Because cloud storage interferes with BioExplorer's accessing files.
If you did not remove OneDrive completely from your computer, create a new folder outside of OneDrive to store your designs in. How?
- Create this folder: C:\BioExplorer\Designs.
- Copy your designs from Documents\Designs if they are there and paste them to the new Designs folder you just made in C:\BioExplorer. How?
- Disable USB power management. How? Why? Because USB Selective Suspend can shut off USB ports that are used intermittently.
- Uninstall antivirus and firewall programs except for Windows Defender. If you very much want to keep a different antivirus protection on your computer, disable it before installing BioExplorer. How? Why? Because some protection programs may disrupt the functioning of operation with their normal scanning behavior.
- Login to your computer as administrator before installing. How?
- To run the setup file, right-click and select "Run as administrator."
Add the BioExplorer installation directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\BioExplorer) as an exclusion with your antivirus. How?
Program fails to launch or Design failed to open
If BioExplorer fails to launch or designs fail to open, check for issues that may be interfering with the process.
- Be sure only one instance of BioExplorer is open.
- Close Windows Explorer in the Task Manager under "Processes" tab.
- Uninstall AVG antivirus or other intrusive programs (McAfee, Norton, etc.) We recommend Windows Defender.
Look in C:\Program Files (x86)\BioExplorer to see if the full complement of installation files is present. If not,
- Add this BioExplorer folder location as an exclusion in your antivirus program if you have not already.
- Uninstall BioExplorer, and reinstall. Be sure to right-click and run setup file as Administrator.
If these have not solved your problem, try the suggestions below. If the first does not resolve the issue, try the next suggestion, and so on.
- Uninstall BioExplorer, turn off antivirus and firewall, download latest BE version, reinstall [RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR] and reboot.
- Run BioExplorer as Administrator. How?
- Lenovo computers: Remove Lenovo System Interface foundation from control panel and reboot; remove any and all Lenovo "bloatware" you do not need
- Run in compatibility mode for Windows 8 and reset Windows settings to default
Uninstall BioExplorer and reinstall under a new user account AND outside of Program Files (x86)
- Uninstall BioExplorer
- Reboot your computer
- Create a new user account with administrator permissions
Right-click on the BioExplorer setup file and run as administrator
- When at the page to select the location, change from default C:\Program Files (x86)\BioExplorer to C:\BioExplorer.
If you have not removed OneDrive from your computer, move your designs outside of OneDrive
- Create a new folder inside this BioExplorer folder and name it Designs
- Run Designs setup and move designs from Documents\BioExplorer\Designs to C:\BioExplorer\Designs. See how to above.
- Revert to previous Windows build
- Do a system refresh (unistalls programs but retains files)
- Complete Windows reinstall (last resort)
Other specific errors
Sentinel Run-time not found (H10014)
Download the Hasp User setup. Save to your compute. Then right-click and run as Administrator.
Sentinel LDK Protection system Internal Error 0x7101 Occurred!
We believe the newest version of BioExplorer has finally resolved this hasp key security error. If you have this error, please update to the most current version.
Workarounds that users have had success with before this version:
1. Right-click on the BioExplorer icon and select "Run as administrator." or
If this is not successful, please try a workaround that has helped several people:
3. Try a previous version of BioExplorer
- Turn off Windows updates
- Uninstall BioExplorer
- In Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers uninstall Sentinel HASP key and Sentinel HL Key
- Disconnect HASP USB key from computer
- Download (Save) and install (right-click>Run as administrator) version 184.108.40.2061 of BioExplorer
- Optima+ users: Download (Save) and run the Neurobit setup (for Optima+ drivers)
Connect HASP key and see if BioExplorer launches. If not:
- Run as administrator: Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\BioExplorer and right-click on icon "BioExplorer" and select "Run as Administrator".
- If that does not launch BioExplorer, try running in Compatibility mode for Windows 7 or XP (service pack 3).
Versions of BioExplorer for blue/purple hasp you can try:
Sentinel key not found (H0007)
Plug in your USB HASP dongle key.
The new BioExplorer version software may not be compatible with the old HASP keys. For this error with an old deep purple HASP key, try a previous version of BE Setup.
It may be that BioExplorer will still not launch.
Upgrading to the new dongle key is required in this case. Contact CyberEvolution.
The first thing to try to remedy it is to uninstall BioExplorer and Hasp device drivers and reinstall
- In your search field type add or remove programs and select it
- Select BioExplorer from the list of programs and uninstall
- Select Hasp device drivers from the list and uninstall
- Download the latest BE Setup file from cyberevolution.com, saving it to your computer
- Right-click on the setup file and run as administrator
Other ways this has been remedied:
Revert to previous build
- Restore to previous point when it worked
Remove update from control panel "Add or Remove Programs"
Microsoft's semiannual major build may not allow this
- Do a system refresh which removes non-Windows programs but leaves files
- Do a system reset. You will need to back up your files for this.
- Restore to factory settings
Cannot open hasp driver
- Reboot computer
Uninstall BioExplorer, turn off antivirus and firewall, download latest BE verion, reinstall[RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR] and reboot
- Open BioExplorer application from director C:\Program Files (x86)\BioExplorer
Uninstall BioExplorer AND uninstall device driver for the HASP,
- In Device Manager look for Sentinel and select the box to delete the drivers.
- Reinsert the hasp
- Turn off antivirus and firewall, download latest BE verion, reinstall [RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR] and reboot
- Remove latest Windows update and reboot
- Uninstall BioExplorer, turn off antivirus & firewall, download latest version & reinstall [RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR]
- Disable USB Power Management
- Pendant HEG when starting a session: Pendant HEG: Change device from PN Pendant HEG to PN Pendant EEG
- Alpha theta design: Open design without feedback files loaded. Request from Brain-Trainer. Then add feedback files and save design.
- DVD player: Uninstall DScaler and reinstall with 64 bit version. Shared Folders/User Access - Designs/DScaler codecs only
- Videos: Remove punctuation from video name and reload the video into the BE video player
Hasp not found
- Connect hasp USB key into computer's USB port. BioExplorer will not run without it.
- Be sure you are using the hasp for BioExplorer and not a different application
- (-10): Stop using Remote Desktop to control the PC
- Try running in Compatibility mode for XP