It is normal behavior that as long as the Neurobit settings window is open, BioExplorer is not connected.
Check that you connected the Optima and turned it on.
Try the following steps:
- Unpack Runtime files files to the BioExplorer folder manually.
- Run the CDM21228_Setup (D2XX Driver Windows 64-bit setup executable) Right-click and run as administrator (may be found in Brain-Trainer\Help folder)
- Be sure you are using the current version of BioExplorer.
Notes: Just as the device is turned on there should be a sound from the computer confirming that the device has been detected (and if necessary, driver should install automatically in most systems). After that there should be "USB Serial Converter" device in "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" section in Windows Device Manager.
- If under "Other devices" the Optima is listed with a yellow warning symbol, do a manual installation of the FTDI chip driver (CDM21228_Setup).
- Is the device's power indicator green?
- Is the link indicator green?
- What Windows version do you use?
Please install the USB View tool from the FTDI website:
https://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Utilities.htm#MicrosoftUSBView With the turned on Optima run this tool and see if there is USB Serial Converter in the left column. If so, select it and see the right column. Especially, under the "iProduct" line there should be the string "Neurobit Optima*", as shown in the attachment.
If there is no such string, the device is not detected in the system, probably due to some hardware problem.
In this case please:
- Check if the micro USB plug is inserted into full depth of the ISOL USB socket?
- Try another USB port of the computer.
- Try another USB cable.
- Try another Optima device