Check that you have connected your Wiz to your computer using the USB cable.
Try the following:
- In BioExplorer, remove device and re-add it.
- BioExplorer | Devices, highlight "PN Wiz" and Remove.
- Click Add and select "PN Wiz".
- Select COM port number.
- Disconnect and and reinsert Wiz USB cable if not yet connected.
- In Brain-Trainer for BioEra with X-wiz, a Brain-Trainer support person should help to add the COM port manually in the PN Wiz design
- Run BioEra.exe from the folder
- Cancel when it asks for a password
- System -> Load design
- design\devices\HEG\PN Wiz.bpd
- Change the port in the signal diagram object and System > Save
- Change COM port to 4 or higher in computer's Device Manager and select it in BioExplorer. Windows sometimes has issues when COM Ports 1, 2, or 3 are used as they may be reserved for other functions.
- Run the Pocket Neurobics driver setup - Find in your Documents\Brain-Trainer\Help folder pnWirelessDongleDriver_Install_XP_Vista_Win7.exe and right-click and run the driver file as administrator.
- In your Computer's Device Manager under "Other devices" USB Serial Port is listed with a yellow warning symbol, do a manual installation of the PN driver.
Devices changed while recording
- Disable USB Power Management
- Close all programs not being used for training
- Try a different USB port
- Consider upgrading computer
Flat line signal
- If Link (green)/Freeze (blue) light is blue, hold button until it turns green. If Link/Freeze light is green, hold button to turn Freeze on (blue) and then off (green).
- Try new USB port
- Check that you are using printer-style cable from Q-wiz to Computer
- Remove any extender cable between the Q-wiz and computer
- Test the basic Q-wiz function using BioExplorer test design: https://provider.brain-trainer.com/resources/q-wiz-eeg-test-tone-basic-function-test
- Test the Wiz with electrodes using any 4 channel design: https://provider.brain-trainer.com/resources/wiz-test-electrodes
- Try new printer-style cable
Link button turns blue
When you press the link button down hard and hold it for 2 to 3 seconds it will turn blue and that will activate ultra low frequency training. You don’t want that with our methodology. Please press the link button again and hold it down for two seconds and then let go and it should turn green. In future when pressing the link button give it a quick 1/4 second push, don’t hold it down for extended length of time.
- Unplug Wiz cable from amplifier and computer and reconnect.
- Reboot the computer.
- Swap electrodes to check whether it is the sensor or amplifier. If sensors, Dry head and reapply electrodes.
- Use USB cable to connect device to computer.
- Disconnect Wiz cable from computer and reconnect.
- Remove device from BioExplorer | Devices and add it again.
- Check port assignment in computer's Device Manager. Select COM Port assigment if not present or using ports 1, 2 or 3.
- Disable USB Power Management
- Security systems can block drivers. Be sure you have run driver as administrator.
- Try different USB port
- If happening with HEG, check that headband is functioning correctly. Is signal behaving normally (varying as in video demo, not stuck, without erratic highs and lows)?
- If using USB hub, try without hub connecting directly to computer's USB port.
- For Wiz, try firmware update
- If using a PN wireless dongle, unplug while using Wiz USB.
- Is this a virtual machine or Mac? Do not use virtual machine/VMware. (Packets of data are lost through COM port). If using Mac, please use Boot Camp.